Looking to indulge in a delectable treat fit for royalty? Look no further than our mouthwatering Galette des Rois, a traditional French King Cake that is sure to delight your taste buds. Made with layers of flaky puff pastry and a rich almond filling, this culinary masterpiece is not only a feast for the senses but also carries a symbolic significance. Embedded within the cake is a hidden trinket, and the lucky recipient of this hidden treasure is crowned as the “king” or “queen” for the day. Whether you’re celebrating the Epiphany or simply craving a sweet treat, our Galette des Rois is the perfect choice. Place your order today and elevate your indulgence to new regal heights.
🥐 Explore the Sweet Pleasures of French Desserts! 🍰 Uncover a Fusion of Gastronomic Wonders at Our Culinary Getaways. 🍮 Indulge in
Gluten-Free Patisserie to Healthy French Dessert: Participate in the Journey Today! 🥖
French Recipe King-Cake
Galette des Rois (ga-let de-RWAH) Recipe:
– 2 sheets of puff pastry (pâte feuilletée)
– 125g almond powder (poudre d’amande)
– 100g sugar (sucre)
– 100g unsalted butter (beurre doux)
– 2 eggs (oeufs)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (extrait de vanille)
– A small ceramic figurine (fève)
– 1 egg yolk (jaune d’oeuf) for glazing
– Optional: 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (sucre glace) for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond powder, sugar, softened butter, and eggs until well mixed.
3. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit your desired size of cake.
5. Place the rolled-out pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Spread the almond mixture evenly onto the rolled-out pastry, leaving a border around the edges.
7. Insert the ceramic figurine into the almond mixture, making sure it is hidden.
8. Carefully place the second sheet of puff pastry on top of the almond mixture.
9. Press down the edges to seal the two sheets of pastry together.
10. Use a sharp knife to create decorative patterns on the top pastry layer.
11. Brush the top of the cake with beaten egg yolk for a shiny glaze.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
14. Optional: Dust the top of the cooled galette with powdered sugar for decoration.
15. Enjoy the traditional French Galette des Rois!
Note: Don’t forget to warn your guests about the hidden figurine to prevent anyone from accidentally biting into it.