The train Read more [...]
The train station Paris-Nord, also called the gare du Nord, is the main Paris departure point for the railway lines serving the North of France and bordering countries. Because of nearby Belgium, Holland, Great Britain and Germany, it has always had a very marked international vocation, before seeing massive development of its regional rail traffic. Outside of Japan, it’s the top rail station in the world in terms of traffic; it handled 262 millions passengers in 2015.
It is in zone: 1 (tarification Île-de-France) with coordinates 48° 52′ 54″ North, 2° 21′ 22″ East and an altitude of 53 m.
It is on the train lines Paris-Nord <=> Lille with 27 terminus surface and 4 underground through line tracks and 31 platforms serving 262,0 million passengers (2015), including: Mainlines and RER D (SNCF): 214,2 and RER B (RATP): 47,8 per year.
Ticket Counters and Distributors:
Ticket counters available Mondays to Fridays: 05h55 to 23h06
Saturdays, Sunday and Holidays: 06h10 to 23h06
Automatic train ticket distributors for the Transilien Paris suburban train network
Automatic train ticket distributors for the main line train network
Real-time departure and arrival schedules display boardsBuy Train Tickets and Reservations:
Tickets are available 90 days before train departure--that's when they're the cheapest. Buy worldwide, get the best price and throw in tranquility of mind knowing your train ticket reservations are taken care of. You have a guaranteed seat (included in the ticket price), no 'full train' hassle, your travel plans are in place and you're ready to explore France.
- Worldwide emailing of train tickets as 'print where you are' E-tickets. Show them via your smartphone.
- Search and book all train tickets for France and 23 other European countries. All your tickets on one platform
- No booking fee - tickets are the same prices as all the train carriers
- Payment methods with most of the international credit cards as well as Paypal
- Exchange reservations or receive quick reimbursement if an emergency arises, depending on type of ticket and train booked
- Client service in English, 48/7/365
Train Passes: USA - Rest of World. One-country, 2+ adjoining countries, global pass for 31 countries. Periods of 4-10 consecutive days or not. This is flexibility with bonuses including reduced or free fares on ferries, cruises, private trains, hotels, museums and other attractions, plus local discounts. And the comfort of 1st class travel for very little additional cost.
Seat Reservations: USA - Rest of World. When you have your Rail Pass, you also need seat reservations on International trains (Eurostar, Thalys, TGV Lyria, France Spain...), High speed trains (TGV...), most Intercite and night trains. You can board other trains and find any seat with a validated Rail Pass.
Groups: USA - Rest of World. Work with a group multi-lingual rail consultant to receive group rates for 10+ travelers: Friends and family, pilgrimages, reach cruise excursions, Scouts, sports teams, study, corporate, concert and social groups. Discounted museum passes and city transport cards. Peace of mind with advanced reservations for sleepers and seats.
France and Europe organized Rail Tours: This is the ultimate exciting, no hassle adventure. It includes rail travel, transfers, quality hotels and meals. Your own experienced tour manager and local guides make your destinations come alive with colorful excursions. What do you like? Touring, Luxury, Scenic, Carnivals and Festivals, Battlefields, Short Breaks, Cities and Sights, Lakes and Mountains, Special Interest, New Year Holidays you name it, it's on the Rail menu. A truly personalized experience.International Trains:
- Eurostar Paris <=> London
- TGV Paris <=>Lille
- TGV Paris <=> Lille <=> Tourcoing
- TGV Paris <=> Lille <=> Calais
- TGV Paris <=> Lille <=> Calais <=> Boulogne <=> Rang-du-Fliers
- TGV Paris <=> Lille <=> Dunkerque
- TGV Paris <=> Arras <=> Béthune <=> Dunkerque
- TGV Paris <=> Arras <=> Douai <=> Valenciennes
- Intercités Paris <=> Amiens <=> Abbeville <=> Rang-du-Fliers <=> Boulogne
- Intercités Paris <=> Saint-Quentin <=> Maubeuge
- Intercités Paris <=> Saint-Quentin <=> Cambrai
TER Hauts-de-FranceSuburban Trains:
Charles de Gaulle Airport (Roissy), Mitry <=> Claye, (for Stade de France in Saint-Denis in the NE of Paris <=> Antony (for Orly Airport), Massy-Palaiseau, (for Massy TGV) and Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreuse
D1 Orry-la-Ville - Coye, D3 Creil, D7 Goussainville, D5 Villiers-le-Bel (for Stade de France in Saint-Denis) <=> D4 Malesherbes, D6 Corbeil-Essonnes, D2 Melun
RER E underground connection to Gare du Nord
Saint-Lazare/Gare Saint-Lazare <=> Bondy, Chelles and Tournan-en-Brie.
We recommend getting a Paris Visite 1-5 zone unlimited travel pass (Train, metro, bus, tram) which covers most of the suburban stops below including transport to/from the Paris airports.
- Transilien Paris <=> Saint-Denis <=> Montsoult-Maffliers <=> Luzarches
- Transilien Paris <=> Creil
- Transilien Paris <=> Saint-Denis <=> Montsoult-Maffliers <=> Persan-Beaumont
- Transilien Paris <=> Saint-Denis <=> Ermont-Eaubonne <=> Persan-Beaumont
- Transilien Paris <=> Saint-Denis <=> Ermont-Eaubonne <=> Pontoise
- Transilien Paris <=> Aulnay-sous-Bois <=> Mitry-Claye <=> Crépy-en-Valois
Gare de Nord
Paris Metro - The efficient underground city train network that get you there fast and efficiently.
- Line 2: Porte Dauphine <=> Nation (pedestrian underground correspondence with La Chapelle)
- Line 4: Porte de Clignancourt <=> Porte d'Orléans (next station to the South is Gare de l'Est)
- Line 5: Bobigny - Pablo Picasso <=> Place d'Italie (to reach: Gare du Nord) (next station to the South is Gare de l'Est)
>> We recommend getting a Paris Visite to travel around Paris.Local Bus Transport:
RATP Paris Bus Network: 26 30 31 35 38 39 42 43 46 48 54 56 65 302 350
Noctilien night bus lines: N01, N02, N14, N43, N44, N140 and N143
Tourist Bus: OpenTourShuttles:
See the Paris Airport Shuttle image below for visual details of the departure and arrival points for:
- The RER B train from both CDG and Orly airports <=> Paris and from CDG <=> Orly
- Le Bus Direct is the Airport Bus transport to/from various point in Paris to Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports
Other Shuttle Options: Private, rapid, Airport Shuttle (in conjunction with BonjourLaFrance). Meets you at baggage exit. No hassle, no waiting, door-to-door transport. Excellent with kids, strollers or bulky equipment. Options for group transfers as well.
We recommend getting a Paris Visite card to travel around Paris which includes transport to/from the airports.
Taxis are available in front of all these arrival and departure train stations.Car: Rentals, parking:
Pay parking for more than 500 cars
Car rental is easy and quick if you reserve ahead of time. All the paperwork is ready, your car is chosen, you're se up and off in minutes. Special rates apply with AVIS, the most available car rentals in France at train stations and airports as well as downtown locations.
Here's one of the biggest online car rental companies which connects you with and compares prices for the major rental car brands.Bicycles, Motorcycles: Rentals, parking:
Bicycle parking available
From scooters to classics, from BMW to Yamaha motorbikes can easily be rented. Four location in Paris area: Gare du Nord, Lyon and CDG and Orly airports.
Here's a very complete website about bicycling in France with links to locations around the country where you can rent a bike.Train Station Services:
Business card printing device
Automatic photo booth
ATM - cash dispenser
Automatic distributor for snacks and drinks
Automatic distributor for hot drinks
Automatic distributor for newspapers
WCShop and Eat in the Train Station:
Boulangerie - Bakery often with sandwiches
Automatic photo machine
Relay - Newspapers, magazines, takeaway food, snacks and drinks
Small grocery storeReduced Mobility:
Suitable ticket counter
Warning indicators (tiles) on the railway platforms
Magnetic loop for the hearing impaired
Wider adapted turnstile
Parking spaces reserved for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRMs)Luggage Storage :
Office: HALL 3, level (niveau) -1. Oppostie platform 3 beside the exit "cour des taxis"
Open hours: Mondays <=> Sundays: 6:15 - 23:15
There are 3 locker sizes:
Small: Height 433 mm, Width 347 mm, Depth 824 mm
Medium: H 591 mm, W 347 mm, D 824 mm
Large: H 908 mm, W 519 mm, D 824 mm
Tariff: 5.50€, 7.50€ and 9.50€ respectively for the first 24 hours and 5€ for each additional 24h
Baggage storage service - Eelway A luggage free day in Paris - Luggage transfer in Paris area & storage at airports and train stations. A concierge meets you at your train arrival platform to collect your baggage.Lost & Found:
Office: Level (niveau) -1, opposite platform 3 beside the exit for the taxis
Mondays > Saturdays: 08:00 à 20:00
Declare your lost property. Give a precise description. An email will confirm your claim:
- Internet: Create or use your account and declare your claim This page is in French but is accessible from anywhere ... especially when you're visiting France and Europe.
- Telephone: +33 (0) 8 92 35 35 35 (open 7/7 from 8h00 to 20h00 to answer questions and register your claim) or in France 36 35 (0,40 € / minute) then #22
- At a train station: see the map at the bottom of this page for station details
A national database registers all lost and found objects in real time. Search for your object will continue for one monnth. There's a charge of 5/10 Euros, depending on object's value, for restitution of an item.Tourist Information:
Paris Tourist Office - Gare du Nord Welcome Centre
18, rue de Dunkerque Paris 10th arrondissement (Welcome kiosk beneath the glass roof, in the Ile-de-France zone)
RER: Gare du Nord (lines B-D) - Metro : Gare du Nord (lines 4-5).
Open: 7 days a week (except 25 December, 1 January and 1 May) from 8am to 6pm.Sleep: Hotels, hostels, B&B nearby:
Hotels, Hostels, B&B find quality accommodations at the best rates near the Gare du Nord for early departure or late arrival of the Eurostar of Thalys (lowest price matching)
Eat: Restaurants, brasseries, take-away nearby:
French, Vegetarian, Pizza, light or gourmet, the choice is yours, the price is right and it's delicious.