The train Read more [...]
The train station Paris-Montparnasse, also called the gare Montparnasse, is one of the seven major Parisian terminus railway stations. It is located at Montparnasse, on the left bank (rive gauche) of the Seine, straddling the 14th and 15th arrondissements (districts), in the areas known as Plaisance and Necker.
It is in zone: 1 (tarification Île-de-France) with coordinates 48° 50′ 28″ North, 2° 19′ 14″ East and an altitude of 63 m.
It is on the train lines Paris-Montparnasse <=> Brest with 28 (plus sidings) tracks and 15 (13 central plus 2 side) platforms serving 53 890 474 passengers (2015) per year.
Ticket Counters and Distributors:
Ticket counters available Mondays to Fridays: 05h30 to 22h00
Saturdays: 06h15 to 21h00
Sundays and Holidays: 06h to 22h00
Automatic train ticket distributors for the Transilien Paris suburban train network
Automatic train ticket distributors for the main line train network
Real-time departure and arrival schedules display boardsBuy Train Tickets and Reservations:
Tickets are available 90 days before train departure--that's when they're the cheapest. Buy worldwide, get the best price and throw in tranquility of mind knowing your train ticket reservations are taken care of. You have a guaranteed seat (included in the ticket price), no 'full train' hassle, your travel plans are in place and you're ready to explore France.
- Worldwide emailing of train tickets as 'print where you are' E-tickets. Show them via your smartphone.
- Search and book all train tickets for France and 23 other European countries. All your tickets on one platform
- No booking fee - tickets are the same prices as all the train carriers
- Payment methods with most of the international credit cards as well as Paypal
- Exchange reservations or receive quick reimbursement if an emergency arises, depending on type of ticket and train booked
- Client service in English, 48/7/365
Train Passes: USA - Rest of World. One-country, 2+ adjoining countries, global pass for 31 countries. Periods of 4-10 consecutive days or not. This is flexibility with bonuses including reduced or free fares on ferries, cruises, private trains, hotels, museums and other attractions, plus local discounts. And the comfort of 1st class travel for very little additional cost.
Seat Reservations: USA - Rest of World. When you have your Rail Pass, you also need seat reservations on International trains (Eurostar, Thalys, TGV Lyria, France Spain...), High speed trains (TGV...), most Intercite and night trains. You can board other trains and find any seat with a validated Rail Pass.
Groups: USA - Rest of World. Work with a group multi-lingual rail consultant to receive group rates for 10+ travelers: Friends and family, pilgrimages, reach cruise excursions, Scouts, sports teams, study, corporate, concert and social groups. Discounted museum passes and city transport cards. Peace of mind with advanced reservations for sleepers and seats.
France and Europe organized Rail Tours: This is the ultimate exciting, no hassle adventure. It includes rail travel, transfers, quality hotels and meals. Your own experienced tour manager and local guides make your destinations come alive with colorful excursions. What do you like? Touring, Luxury, Scenic, Carnivals and Festivals, Battlefields, Short Breaks, Cities and Sights, Lakes and Mountains, Special Interest, New Year Holidays you name it, it's on the Rail menu. A truly personalized experience.International Trains:
Pays de la Loire
- TGV Paris <=> Le Mans <=> Rennes <=> St Brieuc <=> Brest
- TGV Paris <=> Le Mans <=> Vannes <=> Lorient <=> Quimper
- TGV Paris <=> Le Mans <=> Rennes
- TGV Paris <=> Nantes <=> St-Nazaire <=> Le Croisic
- TGV Paris <=> Le Mans <=> Angers <=> Nantes
- TGV Paris <=> Laval <=> La Roche-sur-Yon <=> Les Sables-d'Olonne <=> Pornichet <=> La Baule <=> La Baule-Escoublac <=> Le Pouliguen <=> Le Croisic
Centre-Val de Loire
- Intercités Paris <=> Dreux <=> Argentan <=> Granville
- TGV Paris <=> Tours <=> Poitiers <=> Angoulême <=> Bordeaux
- TGV Paris <=> Poitiers <=> La Rochelle
- TGV Paris <=> Vendôme-TGV, Saint-Pierre-des-Corps - Tours
- TGV Paris <=> Rennes <=> St Malo
- TGV Paris - Lamballe <=> St Brieuc <=> Guingamp <=> Plouaret <=> Lannion <=> Morlaix <=> Brest
- TGV Paris <=> Redon <=> Vannes <=> Auray <=> Lorient <=> Quimperlé <=> Rosporden <=> Quimper
- TGV Paris <=> Bordeaux <=> Dax <=> Orthez <=> Pau <=> Lourdes <=> Tarbes
- TGV Paris <=> Bordeaux <=> Dax <=> Bayonne <=> Biarritz <=> Hendaye <=> Saint-Jean-de-Luz <=> Irun
- TGV Paris <=> Bordeaux <=> Agen <=> Toulouse
- TGV Paris <=> Angoulême <=> Libourne <=> Bordeaux <=> Arcachon
- TGV Paris <=> Châtellerault <=> Futuroscope <=> Poitiers <=> Niort <=> La Rochelle
Centre-Val de Loire
- TER Centre-Val de Loire: Paris <=> Versailles <=> Rambouillet <=> Nogent-le-Rotrou <=> Chartres <=> Le Mans
Transilien branches of Line N
- Paris <=> Versailles <=> St-Quentin-en-Yvelines <=> Rambouillet
- Paris <=> Versailles <=> Plaisir <=> Dreux
- Paris <=> Versailles <=> Plaisir <=> Mantes-la-Jolie
- Paris <=> Versailles <=> Plaisir
We recommend getting a Paris Visite 1-5 zone pass which covers most of the above stops including transport to/from the Paris airports.Paris Metro:
Metro Montparnasse Bienvenue
Paris Metro - The efficient underground city train network that get you there fast and efficiently.
> We recommend getting a Paris Visite to travel around Paris.
Local Bus Transport:
- Line 4: Porte de Clignancourt <=> Porte d'Orléans
- Line 6: Charles de Gaulle - Étoile <=> Nation
- Line 12: Front Populaire <=> Mairie d’Issy
- Line 13: (Asnières-Gennevilliers) Les Courtilles / Saint-Denis - Université <=> Châtillon - Montrouge
RATP Paris Bus Network: 28, 58, 88, 91, 92, 94, 95 and 96
Noctilien night bus lines: N01, N02, N12, N13, N61, N62, N63 and N145Shuttles:
See the Paris Airport Shuttle image below for visual details of the departure and arrival points for:
- The RER B train from both CDG and Orly airports <=> Paris and from CDG <=> Orly
- Le Bus Direct is the Airport Bus transport to/from various point in Paris to Charles de Gaulle and Orly Airports
Other Shuttle Options: Private, rapid, Airport Shuttle (in conjunction with BonjourLaFrance). Meets you at baggage exit. No hassle, no waiting, door-to-door transport. Excellent with kids, strollers or bulky equipment. Options for group transfers as well.
We recommend getting a Paris Visite card to travel around Paris which includes transport to/from the airports.
Taxis are available in front of all these arrival and departure train stations.Car: Rentals, parking:
Pay parking for more than 500 cars
Car rental is easy and quick if you reserve ahead of time. All the paperwork is ready, your car is chosen, you're se up and off in minutes. Special rates apply with AVIS, the most available car rentals in France at train stations and airports as well as downtown locations.
Here's one of the biggest online car rental companies which connects you with and compares prices for the major rental car brands.Bicycles, Motorcycles: Rentals, parking:
Bicycle parking available
From scooters to classics, from BMW to Yamaha motorbikes can easily be rented. Four location in Paris area: Gare du Nord, Lyon and CDG and Orly airports.
Here's a very complete website about bicycling in France with links to locations around the country where you can rent a bike.
Train Station Services:
Automatic photo booth
Automatic distributor for snacks and drinks
Automatic distributor for hot drinks
PhotocopierShop and Eat in the Train Station:
Automatic photo machine
Car rental agency
Pier Import - Design furniture and accessories
Relay - Newspapers, magazines, takeaway food, snacks and drinks
Virgin - Music and entertainment productsReduced Mobility:
Magnetic loop for the hearing impaired
Parking spaces reserved for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRMs)Luggage Storage :
There is no baggage storage at this station
Suggestion: Ask a shop or hotel nearby and offer them a few Euro
Baggage storage service - Eelway A luggage free day in Paris - Luggage transfer in Paris area & storage at airports and train stations. A concierge meets you at your train arrival platform to collect your baggage.Lost & Found:
Office: Hall 2, level (niveau) +3, near the access to platform 2.
Mondays > Saturdays: 08:00 à 20:00
Declare your lost property. Give a precise description. An email will confirm your claim:
- Internet: Create or use your account and declare your claim This page is in French but is accessible from anywhere ... especially when you're visiting France and Europe.
- Telephone: +33 (0) 8 92 35 35 35 (open 7/7 from 8h00 to 20h00 to answer questions and register your claim) or in France 36 35 (0,40 € / minute) then #22
- At a train station: see the map at the bottom of this page for station details
A national database registers all lost and found objects in real time. Search for your object will continue for one monnth. There's a charge of 5/10 Euros, depending on object's value, for restitution of an item.
Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de Paris - Bureau Pyramides
25 rue des Pyramides - 75001 Paris
RER: Auber (line A) - Metro: Pyramides (line 7-14)
Open from the 2nd of May to the 31st of October : everyday from 9am to 7pm ;
from the 1st of November to the 30th of April : everyday from 10am to 7pm. Closed on the 1st of May
Paris Tourist Office - Welcome Centre - L'Espace Paris Rendez-vous
29, rue de Rivoli Paris 4th
RER: Châtelet Les Halles (lines A and B) - Metro: Hôtel de Ville (line 1) or Châtelet (line 4)
Open from Monday to Saturday from 10.30am to 6.30pm
Paris Tourist Office - Reception du Carrousel du Louvre
99, rue de Rivoli Paris 1st
Metro: Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre
Open 7 days a week (public holidays included), from 10am to 8pm. No ticket office <=> Information onlySleep: Hotels, hostels, B&B nearby:
Hotels, Hostels, B&B find quality accommodations at the best rates near Gare de Paris-Montparnasse, the Theatres and the Tour Montparnasse (lowest price matching)
Eat: Restaurants, brasseries, take-away nearby:
French, Vegetarian, Pizza, light or gourmet, the choice is yours, the price is right and it's delicious.